Sunday, March 4, 2007

"Do the trees bend down, fold their limbs around you"

The still wet asphalt, daubed black in spots from the rain, still shimmered in the late afternoon sun. Her long auburn hair still fluttering in the wind reached the door before she did. She grabbed tight her application, now a wrinkled and dog eared curriculum vitae of fast food restaurants and video stores.
"This job is so mine," she thought as she entered the side entrance of the red brick building.

Yeah . . . I wrote another little snapshot of something I saw (then elaborated on). I promise I'll throw a picture up in a few days. One of these days, I'll throw it together for a story. Perhaps a novella (I really adore that word and would really like to tell people that I am working on my "novella").

Last night I had dinner at Jones, a trendy restaurant in Philly on Chestnut Street. It always makes me happy to eat there but our table was pretty drafty. Seems to be an analogy for life anymore. The good moments consitently tempered with the not-so-good. Ying-yang for the hopeless.

No comments: